HOT NEW PRODUCT
GOOD DEALS DCC
Be sure to see us on
Be Sure To Check Out
The Latest Gear From
These Great DCC
The DCC Gurus
Soundtraxx 884001 TSU-1100 Tsunami 2 DCC Sound Decoder - Steam
You Save: $25.99
[ 14 ] pcs In Stock
Item Number: 884001
Manufacturer Part No: 884001
Save More With Quantity Discounts...
|1 to 4||$103.96
|5 to 9||$101.88
|10 or more||$98.76
Soundtraxx TSU-1100 Tsunami2 DCC Sound Decoder
**This decoder does NOT include a speaker. Please visit the Speaker Aisle to find the size and shape that will fit your installation best.
SoundTraxx is pleased to announce Tsunami2, a new line of Digital Sound Decoders that combines the best in digital sound with trail blazing and innovative operating features.
Tsunami2 sets a new standard for premium sound decoders, with the emphasis on FUN! More sounds, more features, more ways to run your trains like a real engineer. Your model railroading experience will leap to a whole new level of realism! Expansive memory means that each decoder is packed with multiple prototypes and accompanying sound effects. No computer dongles or downloading is required – sounds are changed instantly by way of simple CV programming using your command station. The new incredibly small TSU-1100 provides waves of pure digital sound that will delight your senses, with effects so amazing you won't believe your ears. Tsunami2 sound features are matched only by its superior motor control and brilliant lighting effects, making it unsurpassed in its technological capabilities. Tsunami2 leads the industry in processing power, with a 32-bit processor that provides the necessary horsepower needed to support 28 functions, 16 polyphonic sound channels, tons of sound and lighting effects, advanced motor control and yet - measures just 27mm x 10.5mm x 5mm!
Brand New Features to Enhance the Modeler’s Experience:
- New and remastered horns, whistles, bells and more in a single decoder
- Functioning adjustable steam exhaust cutoff
- Functioning locomotive and train brakes with separate adjustable braking rates
- Fuel loading and servicing operations with Fireman Fred or Fireman Ed
- Locomotive servicing sounds
- Authentic steam drifting sounds
- Prototypically correct diesel HEP modes and steam heat for authentic passenger train operations
- Authentic cab chatter (recorded from real train operations)
Soundtraxx Tsunami2 Decoders offer the following features:
The TSU-1100 is a universal-style, 1 Amp sound decoder with 4 function outputs. This decoder is ideal for many HO scale models and N-scale locomotives. The TSU-1100 comes in four diesel versions, one steam version and one electric version.
Tsunami2 Steam decoders can produce over 50 sound effects! The impressive built-in sound library includes 12 bells, over 60 whistles, 10 air pumps, 8 dynamos, 10 exhaust chuffs, snifter
valve, injectors, Johnson Bar, power reverse, firebox blower, side rod clank, brake squeal, and more. The adjustable steam cutoff is guaranteed to make you feel like you are in the cab and in control! Drop into Drift Mode and listen to the rod clank and valve packing effects. Fireman Fred has a few new things up his sleeve as well, as he works to keep the locomotive in prime operating condition. Selectable fuel loading makes models sound as they should, from hand-shoveled steam engines, to oil-burners to those equipped with augers, to wood being stacked.
Tsunami2 Diesel decoder's 50+ sound effects and expansive sound library includes engine startup and shutdown, engine prime mover through all eight notches, straight-to-8, HEP mode, 13 bells, over 40 airhorns, 4 air compressors, dynamic brakes, radiator fans, brake squeal and more. Our new reactive DDE automatically adjusts the speed, timbre and volume of the exhaust as your engine works harder.
Tsunami2 goes several steps beyond ordinary sound generators. Whether steam, diesel or electric, Tsunami2 is so powerful that it comes with four special eff ects processors - the Equalizer, Sound Mixer, Dynamic Digital Exhaust and Reverb. It's like having a complete sound studio at your fingertips! Each and every sound can be independently set for the volume that suits your ear.
Hyperdrive2™ technology results in smooth and precise locomotive operation, even at super-slow speeds. Our switching mode will add a new level of realism for those whose primary 'fun' is in the running!
Common Decoder Features Include:
- Powerful 32-bit processor capable of 16 simultaneous sound channels
- Adjustable reverb and equalizer for the most realistic sound optimization ever!
- Train line charging effect
- More powerful amplifier for increased volume range
- Hyperdrive2 motor control
- Functioning locomotive and train brakes with adjustable braking rates
- 20+ Hyperlight lighting effects
- 4 function outputs
- Standard, 3-point and user-loadable speed curves
- Flex-Map function mapping easily maps any functi on to any key
- Compatible with NMRA DCC Standards & RPs
- Each diesel version (EMD, GE, etc.) contains up to 9 manufacturer specific prime movers (Turbo, Non-turbo, etc.)
- First ever Diesel Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) for a more authentic operati ng experience
- Startup, shutdown and exhaust through 8 notches
- Automatic or manual notching
- Functioning dynamic brake with variable load sound and adjustable braking rate
- Over 40 air horns
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- First ever Fireman Ed is ready to work on the locomotive, with general service, cab sounds and more!
- Clickety-clack, fueling, and authentic cab chatt er add realism
- Prototypically correct HEP modes and steam heat for authentic passenger train operations
- Ten new or remastered exhaust chuffs in a single decoder
- Dynamic Digital Exhaust with drifting feature changes under load
- Rod clank and valve packing sounds
- Adjustable exhaust cutoff
- Over 60 whistles
- Selectable compressors, bells, dynamos, couplers, and more
- Fireman Fred sounds for coal-fired, wood, oil, or auger fueled locomotives
- Locomotive servicing sounds
- 2-cylinder and articulated settings plus new 3-cylinder exhaust chuffs
- Cylinder cocks, blowdown and wheelslip effects
- First ever Electric DDE with traction motor whine
- Pantograph operation sounds
- Over 40 airhorns/air whistle selections
- Motorman Omura provides cab sounds, operates doors and services the engine
- Catenary arcing sound and lighting eff ect
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- Clickety-clack and authentic cab chatt er add realism
- Trolley bell, stop requests, and door sounds for trolleys and tracti on models
- Steam heat for authentic passenger train operation
Preloaded Sound Files with Multiple Bells and Horns
Size: 1.1 x 0.41 x 0.19 Inch (27 x 10.5 x 5 mm)
- Connection: Hardwire
- Motor Rating: 1.0 Amp Max
- Functions: (4) 100mA outputs (400mA Total)
- BEMF: Yes
- Sound: Polyphonic 16-Bit Processor, 7-Band Equalizer, Reverb
- Speaker Rating: Speaker Not Included - Requires Speakers Rated at 1.0W, 8 ohm
Protocol: NMRA DCC Compliant (Multi-Protocol Options Available)
- Transponding: Digitrax Compatible
- Additional Features: Digital Sound Sync, Fwd and Rev Trim Adjustment
Sound Selections for Tsunami2 for Steam Prototypes:
Dual "Whistling" Cross-Compound
(Westside Shay) 2 Dual Single-Phase
Union Pacific No.4018 3 Triple Dynamos
ATSF Step Top 6-Chime
Baldwin Class B-4G
Baldwin Flat Top 3-Chime
Baltimore & Ohio 3-Chime
Boston & Maine Step Top 5-Chime
C&O Flat Top Single-Chime
Colorado & Southern No.74 (Road)
Colorado & Southern No. 74 (Yard)
Colorado & Southern No. 801 9
Crosby 5" Flat Top 3-Chime
Crosby 6" Flat Top 3-Chime (Road)
Crosby 6" Flat Top 3-Chime (Yard)
D&RGW Flat Top Single-Chime
C-19 No.340 (Road)
C-19 No.340 (Yard)
D&RGW K-27 No.463 (Road)
D&RGW K-27 No.463 (Yard)
D&RGW Flat Top 3-Chime K-28 No.473
D&RGW Step Top 5-Chime K-36 No.487
Nathan Step Top 5-Chime D&RGW No.488
Powell Round Top 3-Chime D&RGW No.489
K-36 No.489 (Broken Chime)
Frisco No.1522 3-Chime "Steamboat"
Hancock Step Top 3-chime
Hancock Flat Top 3-Chime UP No.4018
Hancock Flat Top 3-Chime
Hancock Short Bell 3-Chime (Road)
Hancock Short Bell 3-Chime (Yard)
Illinois Central 3-Chime "Steamboat"
Lehigh Valley Single-Chime
Lima Step Top 5-Chime
Lunkenheimer Flat Top 3-Chime
L&N Passenger 3-Chime
L&N Freight 3-Chime
Milwaukee Road Step Top 6-Chime
Nathan Step Top 5-Chime (Road)
Nathan Step Top 5-Chime (Yard)
Nathan Step Top 5-Chime
N&W Step Top 3-Chime No.611
N&W Flat Top Single-Chime No.1218
PRR Round Top 3-Chime
PRR Flat Top Single-Chime "Banshee"
Reading Flat Top 6-Chime (1)
Reading Flat Top 6-Chime (2)
Southern Railway 8" Flat Top Single-Chime
Southern Railway Iron Top 3-Chime
Southern Railway Flat Top 3-Chime
Southern Pacifi c Step Top 6-Chime (1)
Southern Pacifi c Step Top 6-chime (2)
Southern Pacifi c GS-4 No. 4449 Whistle
Leslie A200 Airhorn SP GS-AC Classes
Hancock 3-Chime Union Pacifi c No.3985
USRA Step Top 6-Chime
Westside Lumber Co. Shay No.12
Westside Lumber Co. Shay No.14
Round Top Single-Chime "Peanut"
Wabco E2 Airhorn
Single-Chime (1) ATSF Freight
LNER A4 3-Chime
Manufacturers Website: Soundtraxx
24 - 7 - 365
Any time... All the time.
On Domestic Orders
No Coupon Required
Option At Checkout
Please Read Our
Limitations and Exclusions
PLEASE REVIEW OUR
FOR TERMS AND
CLICK THE BUTTONS
for past newsletters and
great DCC Tip and Tricks
Welcome to SBS4DCC ...
Real-Time Stock Status
"Sugar Cube" Speakers...
… the SWEETEST speaker
4 Sizes ... 10 Baffles
40 Sweet Speaker Options
Model Railroad Technologies
… SPEED has met it’s MATCH !
Digital Model Railroad
Model Train Speed
Measurement and Display ...
Decoder Test Station...
… take control of DCC Decoder
Testing and Programming!
Featuring The New
Decoder Test Stations...
... The Ultimate Decoder
April 1, 2017
2182 Burton Lane
Stop Running Trains.
Start Model Railroading!
Join The NMRA
Special Interest Group
Make your model
railroad more than just
another track plan!
Join The NMRA
Be sure to see our ads in
these great publications.